12 February 2010

A Comment and a Pair of Music Videos

You may have noticed that most of my posts for Unrequited Love Awareness Week have been of music videos. This is somewhat intentional. I made a good number of comments about unrequited love in the posts I wrote last year. You can easily find them, too. If you'll notice at the bottom of this post, there are labels. All of my Unrequited Love Awareness Week posts have "Unrequited Love Awareness Week" as one of their labels. Click on that label to see all of my posts which have that label.

Most of the videos which I have posted are listed in the "In music" section of the unrequited love article on Wikipedia. I feel that they fit the theme of the week.

That having been said, here's another from a female perspective. It's a story which depicts a happy ending, which doesn't always happen, but I am hopeful that it will.



And here's another one from Taylor Swift. What's interesting about this one is that the lyrics refer to a specific person.



With both songs, the gender roles could easily be reversed. More so with "Teardrops" than with "You Belong with Me," especially since the name Drew could refer to either a male or a female (Look at Drew Carey and Drew Barrymore for example).

Another post that's not a music video coming soon.

No comments :