30 July 2008

My Cat is Going!

For those of you who know me, please note that no, I did not suddenly go out and get a cat. Besides, where would it be going if I had said this about my hypothetical cat?

The name of this post is what it is for a simple reason.

Listen to the video below which appears further down this post.

Today, Elvis Duran and the Z Morning Zoo played a very old "Phone Tap." Actually, it wasn't originally called a Phone Tap when it first aired back in 1999. It was called a Nutcracker.

They played it today, and as with other Phone Taps which debuted in the Z100 era, they removed any and all references to anything that pre-syndication. They even deleted Christine Nagy (who was with the Zoo at the time).

The transcript:
Elvis: …Obviously,
Danielle: Oh, boy.
Elvis: the mother Anita, loves Twinkie the cat.
Christine: Oh, absolutely!
Elvis: We had Dave Brody call her…

Yeah. They eliminated that part as well.


Now, thanks to the good folks on YouTube, you can hear this Nutcracker in close to its original form.

I'll post what I commented on the YouTube page.

This Nutcracker is almost 10 years old! I know. I don't believe it either.

They played it (rebranded as a "Morning Show Phone Tap") this morning (30th July 2008). You cannot believe how much mutilation they have done to this. Of course, everything Anita Townsend says is exactly as it was originally, but all references to "Z100," "Z Morning Zoo," and "Nutcracker" have been eliminated. They even mix the "Spybreak!" Phone Tap intro (which sounds worse than before) as Elvis is reading the e-mail.


Instead of downloading the mutilated version of "My Cat is Going" from the Morning Show Phone Tap podcast, listen to the video below.

 

No comments :