03 April 2008

Who Am I?

I received an e-mail about if you Google your name, you can see information about yourself.

Here's what I discovered by doing this.

According to Google, I am:
  • An attorney in New Orleans
  • An actor who played a part in an episode of Miami Vice
  • A Telecom Engineer at Accenture, who attended DeVry between 1992 and 1995
  • Author of Dracula: The Vampire Legend on Film, and other books about horror movies that involve monsters and vampires.
  • A sexual predator living in Florida (By far, this is the most disturbing one for me)
  • A plaintiff who, in 1974, sued Victory Carriers for damages sustained when I was burned by scalding water from a hose I was operating on board one of defendant's vessels.
  • A dentist in Chicago
Well, I can say that I am NONE of those things (I wasn't even born in 1974, and DeVry wasn't the school I was going to between 1992 and 1995, unless at that time it was located in Glendale, NY), but one thing I found as I perused through Google's results IS something I am:
  • Some guy whose photos are posted on nycsubway.org, and uploaded some videos to archive.org.
That's why I think it's important to identify myself with the middle initial. Just like how Mark L. Walberg (whose most recent gig is hosting Fox's The Moment of Truth) uses the L. to distinguish him from the similarly pronounced Mark Wahlberg, of Marky Mark fame.

So, that's that. That's me. Do a Google search with your own name, while you're at it. See what it says about yourself.

No comments :