26 November 2007

Randomoneum #2

I've been pretty bored recently, but I found a good way to entertain myself (at least for a little bit). I use Microsoft Train Simulator to pull a mixed consist down the Northeast Corridor. The train consists of three supercharged Dash 9's a few Tropicana cars, a few other assorted cars, and four passenger cars at the end. Now, the "Super-Dashes" have an insane top speed, and I can drive one from Philadelphia to Washington in a few minutes, reaching a top speed of something like 5,000 MPH. With three of them pulling the mixed consist, I can get the train to 1,000 MPH quite easily. I get the train to a certain speed, uncouple the locomotives from the train (which causes the locos to accelerate even quicker), and then drive them to a certain point out of the way of the "runaway cars." If I pull off the "Get the locos out of the way" bit successfully, the cars pass by and I chase them on an adjacent track to see where they stop. I got the train to 1,000 MPH south of Wilmington and uncoupled. The "runaway cars" stopped… 76 miles later, south of Baltimore. They were doing at least 200 by the time they passed the locos. Yesterday, I did this with 5 Super-Dashes, and let the train go at 1,400 MPH. They passed by going about 300 MPH, and they ran all the way to Washington Union Station. What happened? It's something like the GG1 wreck of 1953. I'll probably do it again and make a video of it and post it on YouTube or something.

Speaking of videos, I've made another one, and uploaded it to YouTube, in preparation for the Lingo Film Festival. The LFF is basically a thing where you have to make a short film, and it gets shown there. Hopefully, mine gets shown. The last I checked, there were only four videos (including mine) on the YouTube page. I was stressing about it on Friday, worrying that the e-mail wouldn't be received. Then I found that the deadline (which was that Friday) was extended to this coming Wednesday. I'll post it to the blog after this coming weekend, and will probably be as a double feature with another project I'm working on.

No comments :