13 August 2007

Someone Wants Me to Defect?!?


The other day, I received this e-mail.
****Calling on all LDS Soccer fans in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut!!! Come and see Real Salt Lake take on Red Bull-NY
When: Saturday September 29, 2007
Where: Giants Stadium
Times: Gather at the stadium at 5:30pm to meet, tailgate, and practice songs and chants.
We will all march as a large group into the stadium by 6:30pm Our Goal is to bring 50 to 100 Real Salt Lake supporters from all over the Tri-State area to Giants Stadium. One important benefit for this game is: -Reduced price in tickets ($18 per ticket for groups of 15 people or more) But you must Act Now!!! Time is Running Short!!! And the Day will be here before we know it!!! We Need a word of commitment and $18 up front by (8/12) in order to participate.
Now, I'm not a big soccer fan. Tell you the truth, I'm not much of a soccer fan at all. But when I saw this e-mail, I was surprised. They want New York people to support a visiting soccer team? What's up with that? It's like telling a bunch of New York Yankees fans to root for the Boston Red Sox!

GO RED BULLS!

No comments :