20 July 2007

The Quest for Unknown Songs

Have you ever heard a song on TV or the radio and wondered, "What is that song?" I recently found two such songs after receiving some hints.

First, the song from the Geico commercial were a caveman is on one of those moving walkways in an airport, and he passes a Geico ad with the tagline, "So easy a caveman can do it."


The song here is "Remind Me" by Röyksopp. I found this out by turning on the Closed Captioning feature on my TV, and there it was.

Then, there's this song I first heard on Elvis Duran and the Morning Zoo. Then I heard it in several commercials for shows like "On the Lot." I recently heard it on the Victoria Beckham: Coming to America show on NBC. When Victoria is finally reunited with her husband and children, and they return to Los Angeles as a family. After the show aired, I went over to NBC's Featured Music page and discovered a song that kinda sounded like what I heard, so I Googled it, and found the music video. I then hopped over to the iTunes Store and picked up "The Adventure" by Angels & Airwaves.



I wonder what I'll find next.

No comments :