06 October 2006

Live from Compy 786...

I did something that I haven't done in a long time. I went to a brick-and-mortar store, and bought a CD. For the last 2 years or so, I've been downloading music, but I haven't bought a CD in so many years. But today, that all changed. Today, I went to J&R and bought a CD. The title? "Weird Al" Yankovic's new album, Straight Outta Lynwood. (iTunes | Amazon) I even brought a CD player with me for the occasion. I listened to it while riding on the subway from J&R.

I enjoyed it. Of course, my faves were White & Nerdy and Don't Download This Song (which, ironically, is legally available for free download at one of Weird Al's web sites, http://www.dontdownloadthissong.com/. Track 11, Trapped In The Drive Thru, which is quite funny. In fact, all of them were at least kinda funny, even though Drive Thru made me laugh a bit, since I was listening to it at Wendy's while eating burgers.

Another thing I bought was a phone extension cord, so that I can use the DSL modem with Compy 786.

I really don't have much else to say, so I'll publish this post while listening to You're Pitiful (which, of course, isn't on the CD, but is legally available for free download at several web sites.)

No comments :