07 September 2012

What's On My Menu?

Before I begin, I should note that this post is not about food. This is about food, but this post is not.

Having said that, I will continue after the break.

Last week, I read a post on The Unofficial Apple Weblog about an app called Bartender, which takes the myriad menu bar items one might have running on their Mac, and either hides them either entirely, or puts them in an extra bar that can be accessed by using Bartender's own menu bar item. This led to a discussion in the comments about the apps whose menu bar icons appeared in the image connected with that post.

This led to another TUAW post inviting readers to share what they have on their menu bars. So, in keeping with that trend, here's mine. It's not one of those that has a hundred icons on it, but I'm sure Bartender could handle it.



On the main Menu Bar, left to right, there's Bartender, Time Machine, iStat Menus, Spotlight, and Notification Center.
In the Bartender bar, there's Alfred, Caffeine, Dropbox, GeekTool, Twitter, Wi-Fi, Volume, Users, and Bartender's menu.

With the exception of Bartender, Dropbox, and iStat Menus, all of these icons are either system icons, or icons from apps available in the Mac App Store.

(Honorable mention goes to Last.fm, Pastebot Sync, and Wallpaper Wizard, which are not here, but they have a spot on the Bartender bar when they're running.)

So, what's on your menu? Tell me in the comments!

No comments :