08 October 2010

An iRant

With the popularity of iOS devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad), why are there so many people out there misspelling or incorrectly formatting the names of these devices? For instance, I noticed on a message forum a thread about a new app for iOS devices. The title of this thread not only had a hyphen jammed in the name of an iOS device, but the wrong letter was capitalized!

Let me break it down for you. The name "iPhone" is spelled LOWER-CASE i, CAPITAL P, H-O-N-E! Keep in mind that the i is ALWAYS lower-case, the P is ALWAYS capital, and there is NEVER a hyphen! Never! Looking at the back of my iPhone, I do not see "i-hyphen-Phone" printed on the back, but I see "iPhone" – lower case i, capital P, no hyphen.

Oh, and one more thing. What the heck is an "iTouch"? If you answer that it's a product designed and sold by Apple, and could be described as an "iPhone without the phone," you fail.

No comments :