Story #1
Last night, I tried to go to an FHE in lower Manhattan. I got to the place listed on Sunday's program. The thing is, it's an apartment building, and the apartment number wasn't listed. Neither was the intercom number. So a bunch of other people from the ward come up to the lobby of the building where I was standing, and they find themselves in the same predicament. After about a half hour of them making phone calls, we decide to do something else.
Lesson #1: When listing announcements, list the FULL address, including apartment number, phone number, and information regarding how to access the apartment.
Story #2
One in the group decides to hail a cab and we all pile in. He drops us off in Little Italy and we go into a restaurant. I wasn't feeling like eating there or anything, so I decided to bail and head home. I walk over to the Prince/Broadway station and take the W train home. Once I get home, my mom asks me about calls she got regarding me losing my cell phone. I didn't realize I had lost it until I walked through the door at home. One of the people who called was the taxi driver. I told him where I was and after about 12 minutes he called saying that he was near my place. I ran to where he told me he was, gave him some information that confirmed to him that it was in fact my phone, and after giving me the phone, I gave him 20 bucks for his trouble.
I kinda felt like that boy in The Polar Express who, after boarding the train at the North Pole, realized that he was missing the present that Santa Claus had given him, namely, a bell that fell off from a harness strap on Santa's reindeer team. When I finally got the phone back, It felt like Christmas Day for that kid, who opened the last gift under the Christmas tree and there was the bell, complete with a note.
"I found this while making my rounds. Better fix that hole in your pocket.
- Mr. C."
Except, in my case, the hole in the pocket wasn't a literal hole, it was the pocket itself, which seems to have a bad reputation for losing things while the wearer is seated.
So once again, a big THANK YOU to Mohammed Chowdury, the cab driver who returned my phone.
No comments :
Post a Comment